Farm Manager – Beef Finishing
A capable and motivated Farm Manager is required for the Omapere-Rangihamama Trust beef farm located 3 km from Kaikohe, Northland. This is a great opportunity for someone with energy and vision to continue improving this Ahuwhenua Trophy winning farm business.
The farm is predominantly a bull finishing enterprise of approximately 800 ha (effective). The farm is flat to easy rolling contour. Staff include the farm manager, two full time shepherds and causal staff.
A three bedroom home and attractive remuneration package will be provided.
The person will implement the farming policy, including full stock/pasture management and supervision of staff and contractors.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated ability to run a high performance farming system
- Good communication and computer skills
- Knowledge of and/or interest in tikanga Maori
- Ability to work to, and contribute to the development of a business plan and financial budgets
- A sound understanding of Health & Safety practices
- Experience with staff management
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies
For more details and to submit applications, email email@example.com before 10th May. To apply, email CV including references and a covering letter.